Saturday, April 9, 2011

He Likes You


God is so good.
He sees beyond our blunders and mistakes, knowing us for who we are. He knows our hearts. He knows the deep desires each one of us holds tightly within our grasp. Gently, He loosens our fingers from their death-like grip, letting us know that it’s okay to give those desires to Him. When they are safe in His hands, He is able to use us in ways we never even thought possible.
“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
You’ve probably heard it said before, but it’s true: God loves you. He deeply, intimately cares about you. Out of all the worries flying through your mind, He knows every single one.  
… God likes you. :D 
The first time I heard someone say, “God really likes you”, I nearly broke down in tears. I knew that God loved me, but I never really knew that He liked me. When you like someone, you want to be wherever they are. Your heart dances when you think about them.


To me, love seemed to be more of a duty, "Ok, so He's God, He has to love me". But, that's not it.
He wants to be with you, to be included in every part of your life. His heart dances when He thinks about you. He knows you by name. He sees you, even in those moments when you feel like no one else does.


H e   l i k e s   y o u .

No comments: