Sunday, April 17, 2011

Superheroes and School work



Every great hero in the novels has something to hide.  Something, that if discovered, could ruin them.  Some mysterious cloud hovering over them, that others never can seem to figure out.  A bane.  


Like Superman and kryptonite.  


Well, I'm no superhero, but I do have a problem;  yes, a great cloud that seems to hover over my existence at this moment in time.  My secret, or not-so-secret-anymore-when-I-tell-you, is this:  Procrastination.  Or, more importantly, procrastination regarding writing papers.  I dislike (with a passion!) writing any type of school-related paper, essay, book report, or anything that must be turned in for a grade.  


It's as if the moment I receive the assignment and subject matter, my mind turns into an unidentifiable mound of mush.  Then I mull over it for the next few weeks, refusing to dive into the assignment until the day before it's due.  As I finally begin the arduous task, I seem to remember all the other things that I haven't accomplished yet, and soon my mind is elsewhere caught up in some imagination or another.  And then, out of nowhere, I find myself writing this post.  


Oh, Procrastination, how I despise thee!






... Sigh. That is my bane.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too true... Haha, I like the title for this post, it's kind of catchy. :)